January 02, 2006

On naming my blog

Like others who have trod this path before, I was confronted by the issue of christening my blog.A 'cool' name seemed de riguer, from what I saw of other blogs. There are hard acts to follow. Verily. But I gave it the old college try. A half-hour's strenous exertions only resulted in me finishing a box of tomato khari biscuits and superlative names such as "Vada-pav with the plebes", "Masala in the misal" and "Manohar kahaniyan"! Surely I could come up with something uber-cool. But 'twas not to be. 'Twas not even brillig.
The title "All your base are belong to us" (to be sung in a robotic voice with funky digital beats) was borrowed from an old Japanese video game which suffered from an atrocious translation into English. It is part of internet folklore and endearingly inane. Plagiarism, then, came to my rescue as it has many a time during my education.

1 comment:

S said...

My pleasure..